10:30 AM - SW Waterfront
Waking up slightly sore, I decide to go back to the gym for a light workout to decrease soreness.
1:30 PM - Downtown Portland
With the aid of the passport... Katy, Kevin, Mythili and I go to lunch at Dragon Well Chinese Bistro downtown. We order the eggplant, general Tsao's chicken, kung pao chicken, and yellow curry. While eating, I try to think about how I'm going to rate this place on Yelp. The best description I had was that it was similar to P.F. Chang's with considerably less MSG.
3:30 PM - SW Waterfront
After getting home and waiting around until dinnertime, I start to get really sleepy. Blast that Dragon Well place, they were loaded with MSG! I pop open a Red Bull to combat the effects.
5:00 PM - Hollywood District
Went to Laurelwood Brewpub for happy hour with some Kaiser pharmacists. The beers are pretty good, I had 2 pints and found out they're like 6-6.5% alcohol each. At least I won't be having more later on right?
6:45 PM - Downtown
After a fun time at Laurelwood, a couple of us decide to go downtown to Bailey's Room for some more drinks. I got a cider to mix it up. We then head over to the Rogue Brewpub to meet up with Katy and Mythili. After enjoying a Scotch Ale, we call it an early night.
11:55 PM - SW Waterfront
Now I realize it's probably a really bad idea to go to bed with the alcohol fresh in my system, so I decide to play some subspace until about 2:30 AM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

PF Chang's doesn't use MSG. That's why their food is only so-so. ;)
ReplyDeleteI must admit, I've been there once and it was about 5 to 6 years ago. My bad on the assumption... no wonder nobody eats there
ReplyDelete