Ultimately, I'll rearrange or even remove the ads. Judging by my whopping number of followers and posts, I'm guessing that I won't get too much feedback. It's alright though...
So what is AdSense? It's just an advertising scheme that has been added to this blog to create potential revenue for my jobless life. It is through Google, so it could possibly even work a little bit like Gmail does. For the Gmail users that haven't noticed, there are advertisements in your Gmail that are tailored to suit your interests based on what's in your email and what you search on Google.
Here's an example of the advertisement that I just picked off of my Gmail account: Danica Patrick Honda Film - www.honda.com -
Watch now to discover the upside of failure through Danica Patrick.
Watch now to discover the upside of failure through Danica Patrick.
Interesting eh? So you might be asking why they think that would be a good advertisement for Phil. I'm glad you asked because here's my breakdown for the ad:
1. Danica Patrick is a hot athlete and I'm a guy that is into women and sports
2. I spend a lot of time looking at cars online (including the Honda Accord Crosstour, which looks pretty sweet in real life)
3. Failblog is one of the websites that I frequent, and therefore it thinks that I'm clearly some sort of a failure in need of pity
After checking out some of the ads, some are tempting to click on but I can't because of my agreement with AdSense, which also includes that I can't tell people to click on my ads (you need to do it cause you want to).
Anyhow, I'm not sure how much money is involved, but it looks like I need at least $40 to receive a physical check in the mail. Because number of clicks directly correlates to money, I'm guessing that I'll get my first check in about 12 years. I can just smell the fame, fortune, and bling that blogging is going to bring into my life.
Current Baller Status = 1 out of 10
Current Baller Status = 1 out of 10

No comments:
Post a Comment