Friday, April 6, 2012

Life Changes

For those of you that don't already know, I am no longer working full time.  As of April, I have moved to part-time work.  It is the dream that I've been looking forward to since I started school.  More than 2 decades later at the tender age of 27, it is a reality.  

The most exciting part of this opportunity is the potential for quality of life to be maximized.  With spring beginning and summer just around the corner, the only thing that could foil my plans would be working 40+ hours/week again.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still applying for jobs as they pop up; It's just not going to be a downer if I can't fill in my free days with work.  What I do want to fill my free days with is some fun and adventure.  

Here's a small list of things I hope to do (in no particular order):
-Refine my cooking skills
-Refine my tennis skills
-Home improvement
-Cardio improvement
-Minimize clutter in my home
-Minimize clutter in my parents' home
-Bike like a hipster
-Read like a hipster
-Learn another language...starting with Russian
-Frequent the gym
-Frequent the grocery store
-Explore the food carts
-Explore new careers (gasp)
-Throwing kinks into patterns

Assuming I can stick to the above, I may very well be even busier with the part-time lifestyle.
It will be very interesting to see if Phildog can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment