Friday, April 27, 2012

Troll Worthy

For those of you that didn't already know, I'm a news freak.  Even though I don't talk about it (much less blog about it) much, I do indeed enjoy reading about random happenings.  The latest article I read is here:

It wasn't from my #1 news source, The Onion, but it might as well have been.  After reading the headline and article, I decided to watch the video... thinking that I'd be aghast and in need of watching multiple replays to analyze the fight she was going to get into.  I got everything I bargained for... except not... I was expecting a video with evidence of assault and battery, however all I got to see was Kanye West presenting another VMA award.  

The first question that popped up in my head was how different it would've been had Justin Moore been white.  I searched for comments from other people and found other people wondering the exact same thing.  Kudos goes out to Ashley Taylor and WMBF news because they have successfully blown this (expletive) out of proportion.  Being the greatest adrenaline rush she's ever experienced, I'm sure there's some PTSD that so it wouldn't be surprising if it lead to a civil suit.  

Unfortunately for Justin Moore, he's a young black man that "attacked" a young white woman... yeah he's screwed.  What probably started as a joke/dare is now going to put him behind bars for life.  As for Ashley Taylor, I hope she's recovering well from all her "soreness".  At least she can bask in her glory because now that she is a troll victim, she can begin to empathize with all the victims of real crime.  

Street credit level: Ashley Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment