Monday, January 3, 2011

Yelp it like it's Hotnot

What do you get when you get hipsterificiation mixed with provocation of anger?  You get a classic Yelp review!
Here's my Yelp review on Henry's 12th Street Tavern!  


Stars awarded = 2


Wait service: great for how busy it is

Bartending service: Good for beer and simple well drinks

Food: Pretty good

Drinks: Generally good



Price: About average

Ambience: Good for your yuppies and people that want to be yuppies

If you're a yuppie, this is an absolute great place to go.  So why the three stars?  Well, I'm not quite up to yuppie status yet  :-(

The above rating would normally garner four stars from me, but I've taken one away for bartending service.  As noted above, I said it's good for beer and simple well drinks, but let's face it... even my 8 year old cousin knows how to serve draft beer and make well drinks.  Anything more than these duties might cause a mental breakdown with the bartenders at Henry's.  Allow me to explain: came here twice recently...

1st time: opened a tab, one of my drinks was a long island iced tea, it came back with a lot more than just a "splash" that it should come with (we're talking about a full shot of alcohol missing cause of coke substitution) but whatever, anger level only 1 out of 10.  Paid in cash upon leaving... didn't get my ID back... of course I forgot to make sure I did cause I wasn't quite in a remembering mood at the time, but it should've been returned upon payment.

2nd time: ordered some scotch whisky... bartender asks if I wanted rocks, I'll admit... that should've been the first clue, but I disregarded it because I wasn't in a higher level of thought mood at the time... anyways... I get mine straight up cause that's how I roll... but for my friend, I asked for a hint of water and to make sure he knew what I meant, I also said, "just a dash of water" for his.  So I probably shouldn't have used cooking terms because not everybody knows how much a "dash" is.  Anyhow, the bartender proceeds to water down the scotch enough to turn the deep amber color into a piss-like Heineken color as I grimace in horror... anger level 7 out of 10.  I just relived that moment while typing this and docked off another star.

In all honesty, I'll still go back to Henry's, but I won't order a drink other than beer from them again.  Or maybe I should order a rum and coke... maybe I will ask for just a splash of rum and then request a dash of change for my $2 bill.  Then I'll leave a real pinch of change for a tip.  Wow, that'd be nice... anger level would be 0 out of 10 if that happened

3 comments:

  1. So you actually gave 2 stars? Ouch. To be honest I wish they'd allow half stars. I don't know if Henry's is really a D, but maybe a C-.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes ruthless is how you must rule your kingdom. Half stars would be great. It may have been in the heat of the moment, but that moment happened twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take me to Henry's I'll show'em a splash of manliness & handsomeness D:<

    ReplyDelete