Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Not supposed to be blogging, but...

So in all honesty, I have difficulty with repetition.  I've gone over probably about 75% of what will be on the NAPLEX (if my hunch is correct that is) and it'd be a shame to be prepared for the test more than 24 hours in advance.  With that said, I've been slacking off.  Surprising huh?  Well that's just how I roll baby!

Anyhow, I've been in a little bit of a craze over the last day, which is how long I've known that I'm taking the test this week.  It was funny because when I first got to the library yesterday, I headed straight for the magazine section to go grab the currrent Wired, Car and Driver, and Popular Science magazines to serve as a distraction.  That's how much I procrastinate; I'll actually go prepare for it before the time even comes!  But I didn't go through the magazines when I signed up for my tests.  It was either:
     A. Take it when I wanted to (in 2 weeks) and drive a minimum of 3 hours to Medford, Seattle, or Yakima
     B. Take it this week in Beaverton or Salem
     C. Take it in January in Beaverton or Salem
     D. Call the testing center and charm my way into taking it in 2 weeks in Beaverton (best of both worlds right?)

Before I continue, I will have to say that I should've attempted option 'D', but the library had a sign to remind people like myself to respect the other patrons of the library.  Sadly, I ended up taking option 'B' because option 'B' is what I plan on guessing with the majority of the time during the test... that and so I wouldn't have to deal with driving and finding a place to stay in the dreaded and vile cities of Medford, Seattle, or Yakima.

Moving on...

So what have I done in the past 2 days I've had to study then?  Well here's a list:

Went to (for studying): LO Public Library, Rilassi Coffee and Tea House, Ava Roasteria, OHSU CHH, John Ross Amenity Room, and my own living room.


Things I have accomplished outside of studying: Got brown eggs, cleaned my hardwood floor, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the dishes, took out the recycling, drove outside at night with the top down, deactivated my facebook account, checked my fantasy football team 5-6 times, read the play-by-play of the Blazers-Grizzlies game, discovered Helen Jane Long, read a dozen news articles, checked the weather report for Hood

Things I plan on getting done before taking my test: Get a haircut, go back and read those magazines at the library, go out to dinner with my brother, update my fantasy team 2 more times, finish 2 loads of laundry, go to the gym at least once, read the play-by-play for the Blazers-Nuggets game, recheck the weather report for hood again

If I fail my test, you can bet it's cause I didn't choose option 'D'

No comments:

Post a Comment