Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Volleyball Wednesdays

Starting today, I have decided to participate in Wednesday volleyball nights.  It's pretty fun to play again.  Unfortunately I'm quite battered and bruised up.  My right index finger and right thumb are both sprained, making it pretty difficult to type right now.  It'll have to do.

Aside from volleyball, today is actually a normal day for me.  Some people have expressed curiosity in what my days are like (even during school).  So here's a good chance for people to get to know what I go through on a day to day basis (or at least Wednesday to Wednesday basis).

I woke up near noon, had a quick bite before going to the gym.  I actually had to decide if I would go biking or jogging outside before the gym, but I biked yesterday and so the gym won out for today.  Plus, I don't want the concierge to think I'm some sort of jobless playboy.

--I should explain that last statement... the day concierge will often see me take my bike out for a spin and then will sometimes see me bring my bike back and then go out for a jog before cleaning up and grabbing a coffee/tea across the street, where I'll hang out for a couple of hours before returning only to get picked up by a friend to go out for dinner.  Sadly, that's how I spend half the days of summer.  Actually, that's not sad... it's freaking awesome!--

Anyhow, after getting back, I made a late lunch and then proceeded to find a place to study for the day.  As always, I spend more time finding a good spot to study rather than studying.  It's fine, cause I bumped into an old friend that I haven't seen for about a year.  Surprisingly enough, when I saw him last year, it was also a random bumping and I hadn't seen him for a year after that.  So I guess I can plan to see him once a year now, even though he lives 3 houses down from my parents.  Anyhow, after all that mumbo jumbo, I went to volleyball for 3 hours.  It was loads of fun and I guess I can anticipate being sore tomorrow.

Now that I'm home though, I am faced with some of the toughest decisions of my day.  First, I will figure out if I will have ice cream before or after soaking in the hot bath.  Second, I will have to decide if I will read or watch part of a movie while I soak in the tub.  Third, I will have to decide if I want to have a meal replacement shake, protein shake, glass of orange juice, a glass or whiskey, a glass of wine, or a cold beer while I soak.  Fourth (or possibly second), I will decide if bubbles is the way to go for tonight... I love bubbles, but sometimes they're a hazard.

Randoms in-between the lines (things/thoughts I didn't mention that don't quite belong above so I'll put it below):
-Almost flipped the bird at someone; I don't even know the last time I ever did that

-Almost ran into the middle of parking lot to go kick a crow (out of anger from the same thing on the above bullet point)

-Almost got starbucks today, but I didn't and am glad cause I would've regretted it.
-I dislike the 'burbs (more to come on this later)

No comments:

Post a Comment