Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rocky Road and Confessions

I have a confession to make.  Here goes nothing.  I think that rocky road ice cream is totally overrated.  Oh wait, there's more.  Not only is rocky road overrated, but it's for old people! D:   I tried to explain this to some kids and they said, "No way!  Rocky road is the best...  It's my fav!"  Seriously?  Sometimes I feel like people don't understand that there are other flavors of ice cream out there.  How about mint chocolate chip... or cookies'n cream... or vanilla... better yet, MOOSE TRACKS!  Yes.... mmmmm!

Now with that off my chest, I can move on.  I am currently in La Pine, Oregon.  It's in the middle of the state, and in the middle of Deschutes National Forest.  It's actually pretty nice here.  After looking up some stats on the city, it is also white.  Per wikipedia (the most commonly cited source behind 'Google'), the population is roughly 5,800 people... 0.24% of which are listed as 'Asian'.  That's like 14 yellow people!  I'm willing to bet they run the Chinese restaurant.  For completeness, La Pine is about 96% caucasian.  So in all honesty, I'm actually a little scared to go outside because I don't want people whipping out their cell phone cameras cause they 'seen an oriental'.  I'd say that I'm kidding, but I went to the library the other day and got 'the look'.  You all know what I'm talking about, unless you're white of course.  For any white person that stumbles across my blog, this is 'the look':


So I haven't really gone out since then.  It's alright, I've got everything I need right here.  I've been eating some chicken, yogurt, fruit, eggs, and beef jerky.  Man that's a lot of protein, but it's okay cause I'm a body builder now.  As a body builder, I do sometimes get cravings for sweets.  I almost tore the place up looking for chocolate or candy or something like that.  Then it hit me, we had ice cream in the freezer!  I open up the freezer and what do I find?  Rocky Road ice cream!  D:  .........Whatever, I don't care... I have no shame!  So I ate a big bowl and sat down to listen to my newly downloaded Norah Jones music, which is awesome by the way, and started to think that another bowl would be like twice as good as one bowl.  I proceed to clean out the half gallon container of rocky road and then it hits me.  BRAIN FREEZE!!! Argh!  I never get that with other flavors.  It's the marshmallows or nuts or something.  See!?!?!??!  This is why it's overrated.   Anyhow, that was yesterday.  Today is a different story.  Actually, no it's not.  I'm still listening to Norah Jones cause I downloaded like 8 of her cd's, and I dipped into the second half gallon container of rocky road that my parents bought.  To thwart the brain freeze, I warmed my head up by doing some brain teasers beforehand.  Anyhow, I can stand rocky road for another day... cause I'm going back to Portland soon and I'm going to buy me some Moose Tracks baby!


Man this sugar rush is going to die off soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment