Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hello Internet!

Well hello internet!  If you haven't noticed yet, the title of this blog is a little different (8 equals 9).  You might be thinking, "Public education has gone down the drain," "Clearly a typo," and/or "You ain't foolin' anyone with your cheap parlor tricks."  Well, you're sort of right.  I am a product of Oregon public schools, I happen to be (blood) type O, and I'm Chinese.*  The asterisk is there because LOHS is only a public school by technicality, I'm actually O+ (and therefore not a universal donor), and I might not actually be 100% Chinese as once thought.  About the Chinese thing, long story... but if you watched the Olympic Games this last summer, you know what happened the last time the Chinese pulled a cheap parlor trick (note the photo below).
 

Don't even try to pretend like you knew when you first watched.

You've now learned that I've grown up with the whiteman, that I'm a dork, and that you can confirm I am not exactly Chinese and am for all intensive purposes, white.  Oh, and that I get off topic easily.  So back on track...  It all stems back to none other than the Tampa Devil Rays.  Their campaign for last year was dubbed "9=8" for Joe Maddon's philosophy that 9 guys play 9 innings and that they would be one of the 8 teams in the playoffs.  That doesn't have anything to do with my blog.  This blog is about the idea that there were many things in the past that I would do differently because I'm older and more grown up.  The past is now the present and things will be done differently.  Remember, I've grown up.
 
 
It's all in the spirit of the new year, resolutions we make, and the idealism that flows in my veins.  This blog itself is actually something I was supposed to start in 2008 (plus 1 for the Chinaman... errr whitewashed dude).  To sum it all up, 8 equals 9 is in the spirit of idealism, or how things "should" be.  So I'll be blogging about random thoughts with idealistic roots.  I'm taking my point and ending my first official entry.

4 comments:

  1. i'm so utterly confused, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think you'd actually start blogging. I'm inspired to start up again myself. I was looking through some of my old posts and they're from 4.5 years ago. 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not sure if you're 100% Chinese? *gasp!* Maybe I should rethink about my lineage, too, since we're so related and all that ... hmm.

    I really liked your first post -- it's really amusing and has so many tangents that I'm sure it'll be an exercise of our attention span. I know we'll all try our best. hahaha!

    I have my own blog (rant page, rather) at www.ebomb.jumping-duck.com. Feel free to carouse.

    ~ Cousin Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so excited you have a blog, I miss your random funny comments!

    ReplyDelete