Gritting out 13 hours of non-stop work, I felt like I had done a triathlon. The brain was about to quit functioning and I knew that I needed food fast, but not fast-food. I decided on going to Whole Foods to grab whatever pleasured my eye. Like a kid in a candy store, I wanted EVERYTHING. I ended up getting some goodies from all over the store.
Upon checkout, the line was slow as my attitude was steady... it was getting worse from hunger, but better from not being at work. Suddenly, I see a bottle of Coppola wine and a bag of pepper kettle chips plop on the conveyor belt right next to me. One large bag of chips and one bottle of wine... what a good idea! Suddenly, another girl plops a bottle of wine next to it. One large bag of chips and two bottles of wine... what a great idea! With rhythm, a guy presents yet another bottle of wine in the same spot. One large bag of chips and three bottles of wine... what a genius idea! Thinking how awesome it would be to just have that all in one sitting so I wouldn't have to work tomorrow made a tear come out of my eye. Looking at the guy in the back, I gave him a thumbs up with a nod of approval. His reply, "Yah... it's gonna happen *nodding back*." After smiling for the first time all day, we got to chatting and I discovered that they were celebrating a birthday. The birthday girl was apparently waiting outside, which was too bad because I just celebrated my birthday and wanted to pass on the birthday wishes.
Fate locked the door I was parked next to, which forced me to go all the way around the other side. As I walked out, I saw a girl standing near the exit. She didn't look drunk, so I said, "Happy birthday?" As she looked at me funny and replied with a thanks, I reached into my bag to give her one of the greatest cookies every made... "Happy Birthday!"
*flies away before awkwardness ensues*

No comments:
Post a Comment